One of the many features of the Hangry dashboard is that it allows you to communicate directly with your users. An inbox message is one of the ways you can do this. You’re able to send silent notifications to user’s inboxes regarding daily specials, marketing initiatives, best wishes during exam time, etc.
STEP BY STEP:
Creating an inbox message has been made quite simple. Below are the steps, along with images to guide you through the process.
1. Click on the Messages tab in the left toolbar. You will see the top toolbar has Inbox Messages as the first tab – this is exactly where you need to be.
2. Scroll to the bottom where you will see ADD NEW MESSAGE. Click the box where it says title, put in the inbox message title, and click CREATE MESSAGE. Don’t worry if you make a mistake or would like to change it later – once created, everything can be edited.
3. Once you’ve clicked CREATE MESSAGE, the right panel of the screen will show you all the details that can be filled in.
- Click the arrow on the Inbox Icon box and select an image from the dropdown. All relevant images must be uploaded to the image catalogue prior to this. If you don’t know how to upload image, then check out the tutorial here.
- Edit your title if necessary.
- If you would like to create inbox messages in advance, then leave them on the Hidden default and select your desired future date range from the dropdown. If you would like for the message to be Visible immediately upon creation, set that option and again select a date range if you would like for the message to become hidden at a later date (otherwise they will remain visible in the inbox indefinitely).
- The Show Advanced button opens a box for HTML. Unless you are a power user, we do not recommend using the advanced setting.
- Select a Cover Image from the drop down. To reiterate, all images must already be uploaded.
- Input Message Heading and Body Text, then click Update Message to save.
All inbox message details can be edited at any point; simply make the changes and click Update Message again. Should you want to remove the inbox message completely, you can click the delete button.
Here is how the above message would appear in the app inbox:
Watch the tutorial below:
Hangry provides campuses with a cross-functional, branded mobile app that includes modules for: food ordering, dietary filtering, nutrition tracking, campus-wide loyalty & rewards, rich-push marketing, announcements, surveys, and feedback. Built by us, driven by you, trusted by your users.