1. What personal Information we collect and how we use it?
In order to facilitate the delivery of our products and services and the functionality of our website, we collect personal information that you provide to us when you visit our website, interact with us or when you use our platform and services we provide to our clients. Personal information is any information that may identify you as an individual, whether in isolation or in combination with other information. Depending on the nature of your interaction with us, we may collect the following types of data.
When you visit our application and the website
- Online Orders or Reservations: we may collect personal information from you when you create an account, complete an order and transaction or make reservations using our application. Such information may include your name, email address, phone number, student ID, your profile photo, as well as payment information. We may also process information you provide about your allergy and dietary restrictions when you choose to tailor the menu to your preferences. We may also retain your orders history, which we may use when you enroll in the loyalty and rewards programs in our application.
- Inquiries: When you contact us with an inquiry, you may be asked to provide contact information, such as your name, email address, and a phone number along with additional information that we need to help us answer your inquiry.
- Communications: We may offer you the ability to sign-up to receive our newsletters, marketing and promotional communications, in which case we may collect certain information, such as your name, company name, business email address. We use this information to send you the communications you have requested to receive. You can opt-out of receiving promotional email from us by following the opt-out or “unsubscribe” instructions provided in your email or other message. Please note that you will continue to receive transactional and account-related electronic messages from us.
- session cookies, which are limited to one visit and are used to learn about how visitors use our website, which pages you visit and how you arrived at our website. We use this information to improve our website.
- persistent cookies, which stay after the session and are used to recognize a visitor across sessions. We use this data to adapt content, understand traffic patterns, measure advertising campaign efficiency and enhance overall user experience.
- retargeting cookies, which record visits and navigation on our website and are used to potentially recognize visitors on subsequent visits to other platforms such as search, and social platforms or other digital ad supported content.
Information we collect and process on behalf of our clients
- Information Required to Provide Our Services: In order to fulfil and deliver our services, we collect and use certain personal information, on behalf of our clients. We require our clients to ensure that they have obtained all necessary authority and consent from you, as required, so that we can process personal information on their behalf in accordance with applicable privacy laws. Our clients are under obligation not to not provide us with any sensitive personal information, and to only provide us with information that is necessary to provide the services. We only use this information provided to deliver the services and administer and maintain the platform on behalf of our clients.
- Account Information: in order to provide our services to our clients, we collect account information from our users, such as name, phone number, email address and password, as well as student ID and profile photo. We collect this information to establish and maintain a relationship with our clients and their customers, to provide services, and to administer access to the Hangry application and platform.
- Use of the Services: We may monitor use of the platform by our customers’ authorized users in order to detect, investigate or prevent any actual or potential violation of our terms and conditions.
2. How we use your personal information?
With your consent and only as necessary, Hangry may use your personal information for a number of different business purposes. For example, personal information we collect may be used to:
- fulfill your orders, requests for reservations, services or information;
- keep track of and maintain your account and membership;
- to create, update and maintain your preferences based on your choices when you purchase from our website;
- process refunds when you cancel an order;
- provide customer support to assist you when you contact us with a comment, question or complaint;
- conduct surveys in order to improve our services;
- measure, administer and improve the effectiveness of our website;
- deliver our online content tailored to your preferences;
- detect and protect against fraud and error; and,
- to fulfill our legal obligations.
3. How do we may share your personal data?
In the normal course of business, we may share some of your personal data with third parties acting on our behalf and under our instruction, or as permitted or required by law. Hangry does not disclose, trade, rent, sell or otherwise transfer personal information without consent, except as set out in this policy.
We may transfer or disclose personal information as follows:
- Sale of Business: Hangry may transfer personal information as an asset in connection with a prospective or completed merger or sale involving all or part of Hangry or as part of a corporate reorganization or other change in corporate control.
- Legal: Hangry may share with competent authorities or other organizations when we believe, in good faith, that such actions are necessary to comply with a legal obligation, to protect or defend our rights and property such as to prevent fraud.
4. Where do we store your personal data?
The personal information we collect and process is stored on cloud servers located in Canada and the United States. Please note that when your personal information is transferred to another country, it becomes subject to the laws of that country.
5. How do we secure your personal data?
We use all necessary security safeguards appropriate to the level of sensitivity and risk to protect your personal information against loss, theft, and unauthorized access. Any personal information you provide to Hangry is exchanged on a secure server. We use one of the most up to date advanced security systems to encrypt, or encode, data you send to us in the order process. This encryption process protects information, such as your credit card number, by using hosted tokenization via payment gateway providers. We only store or transmit tokens returned by the gateway provider and we do not have access to credit card numbers. Tokens allow us to charge the card in the future without the need for you to re-enter the credit card number.
We also take all reasonable precautions to prevent the fraudulent use of your personal information on our websites. To that end, we adopted industry standard authentication procedures to ensure the protection of your information while using out application or visit us online.
Our service providers are given the information they need to perform their designated functions, and we do not authorize them to use or disclose personal information for their own marketing or other purposes.
6. How long do we keep your personal data?
We only retain your personal information as long as it is needed for the purpose for which it was collected. We delete information pertaining to your account and membership within one year of you closing your account, except where the law requires us to retain it for a set period of time such as for tax law purposes.
7. What are your rights with respect to your personal data?
We strive to ensure that any personal information we retain and use is as accurate, complete and up-to-date as necessary to provide you with our services. Depending on where you reside, you may have one or more of the following rights with respect to the personal information we collect and use about you:
- Access. You have the right to access and obtain a copy of any of your personal information that we collect and use about you. You also have the right to know the types of personal information we are collecting about you. If we cannot provide you access to your personal data, for example where it would reveal personal data about another individual, we will provide reasons.
- Rectification. You may request that we correct any inaccurate, outdated or incomplete data we may have about you. The account information you previously provided to Hangry may be updated from the profile tab in the application.
- Opt-out. You may withdraw your consent at any time to the collection, use, disclosure or any other form of processing of your personal information by Hangry. You may also withdraw your consent to receive our email marketing communication at any time by clicking on “Unsubscribe” at the bottom of the email, and follow the instructions.
To submit a request to exercise any of your rights, please contact us by email at legal (at) gethangry.com. We will reply within 30 days. If for any reasons we are unable to provide you access or correct your personal information, we will explain the reasons why.
8. Contact Us
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the protection of your personal data at Hangry, you may contact us at legal (at) gethangry.com. If you still have concerns about the protection of your personal data at Hangry, you have the right to file a complaint with the privacy or data protection authority of your country.
Last Updated: June 15th, 2021